Oye! It's the only way to truly describe the last few days! Where to begin?!? Let's start with Monday...the departure day. We left my parents Siesta Key condo at 5 am for the Sarasota Airport and flew to Atlanta where we had a two hour wait for our connecting flight to Bangor Maine. We were in the truck by 2pm and optimistic for the 8 hour drive ahead of us. (okay well not really... both Abbey and Michael were running fevers and had runny noses but what could we do, we had to get home?!?)
Anyway, the trip was okay although that's easy for me to say since I only drove for a hour and a half. We stopped to eat at the BIG STOP (a far cry from Steve and I's last dinner in Florida at Fleming's, a 5* steak house lol!) just outside Fredericton and finally pulled into or driveway at around 11:30pm. I've never been so excited to see my bed. Sadly I wasn't in it long because Abbey and Michael were up all night with chills, coughs, and runny noses. So so sad! I remember my parents telling me "I wish we could be sick for you" and now I TOTALLY know what they meant. It's heartbreaking to watch your children be sick!
I stupidly went to work the next day with not even close to enough hours of sleep but played the part pretty well if I can say so myself. I called home a few times to see how the kids were doing and unfortunately they weren't doing any better (Steve stayed home with them and of course our SuperNanny Barb was there too).
After work we headed to the hospital. Abbey ended up having a double ear infection (can you believe she never complained?!?) and well Michael they weren't sure about, so they gave him a chest x-ray and we had to provide a urine sample (not a simple task for a 2 year old) and we are still awaiting results. I, too, am feeling under the weather with what I swear is Strep Throat but the Dr. said it was viral and it would pass. She didn't take a swab so I guess I'll never know but I would really LOVE some good hard codeine filled drugs (that sounds pretty bad eh?!?)
We are pumping Abbey and Michael with Children's Tylenol to keep the fevers under control and a cough suppressant to help their sore throat. They are both coughing like 80 year old men! Abbey is on some type of penicillin so hopefully that is helping too. The minute they see the syringes they say "Non Maman". Again, so so sad!
Now to top it all off...tomorrow is my Parent Report Card Meeting night. SUPER TIMING!!!
The only good part is that tonight is a special Survivor because it was cancelled last week. Instead of my usual Coke, popcorn and Wunderbar Survivor snack, I will be having a Ginger Ale and two Tylenol. You know I'm sick when I can't eat my beloved Wunderbars eh!?!
I'm off to bed right after because who knows how long Michael and Abbey will be asleep for?!?
Keep us in your prayers...we need it!!!
2 comments:
I missed you today... but take care of yourself too, don't get run down, cause the world never stops... even if you get sick. Sooooooo, rest...eat healthy and sleep.... can you take tomorrow morning off? at least.... to sleep, if the kids are up all night?
Or, better yet! gravol... for the kids... makes them sleep really good:) ok, so I am a really bad parent... but if you don't take care of yourself, you can't take care of them!
So sorry everyone is feeling so lousy...good thing Felicia and I didn't stop over to kidnap you for lunch on Wednesday...
Miss you lots!
J.
Post a Comment