Saturday, March 31, 2007

FOR SALE!

Today is a big happy/sad day for me! The FOR SALE sign went up on our front lawn today. As happy as I am to be going "home" to Ontario, we have made Nova Scotia "home" for the past three years and am sad to leave. So many wonderful memories were made here...our first home, where our children were born...and the people are just so friendly!



BUT we are ecstatic to be closer to family and friends (and shopping, restaurants, etc.) I am dreading having to keep the house "show" clean for God knows how long?!? Hopefully it sells quickly! We haven't received our official posting message yet so the house is up "conditionally" until then.


I can't imagine someone else living in the house WE built and designed! Don't really want to imagine it! Argh! I hate change!!!!




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I've kept quiet up until now! I've said nothing all this time and trust me on many occasions I would have liked to comment but now I can no longer hold it in.

I have one thing to say "Nan na na na nan!!" :)
I'm sad that you are sad but I am so selfishly happy that you are coming back to me!
Love you all,
T

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats! Are you coming back to Ottawa - Explain!

Love , CARO

Donna's chitchat said...

Ok T..... back off... chantal is ours... she is not going back to Ontario... and if she does, she won't be the same.... she will be under the influence of Nova Scotia spirit. She is part "eastener" now and she will always come back to us..... Oh, and she hasn't gotten the "military official Message" yet, and you just never know with the Military. They can change their minds in a heart beat, especially after we bribe them. We are holding a fundraiser here at the school, and although the parents think its for computers, it really is to build up a good amount of "cash" which we will donate to the coffee fund of the military.

Donna's chitchat said...

By the way, Chantal, your house is beautiful... I have put an article in the paper about the neighbourhood, which will give lots of attention to that street. You know, I mentioned the drug parties and the wife swapping, as well, as the crime rate and occasional flooding. Glad to help in anyway I can

Anonymous said...

Hi Chantal, cool site... I just sat down to get an update on your busy life. Happy Birthday to Steveo. The for sale sign looks great on your front lawn. I am very happy you will be closer...
Have a great week. Claire

Anonymous said...

Thems fightin words dp!
She can have all the eastener in the world in her and it really wouldn't make a difference (we'll still love her) just as long as she's back where she belongs. Besides how could you ever compete with Red Lobster (et moi!)?!?
Good luck with your fundraiser but your efforts are futile, I've already spoken to my accountant - I'll buy the house if I have to! Yes I'm that determined. But I will say something dp and that is you must be a smart gal since you know a good thing when you see one - I'm sure we'd get along.
Cheers,
Tanya

Donna's chitchat said...

I will only give up, when the Military comes through with a message... until then...I have hope.
I know we would get along... since your very first comment on Chantal's brand new blog. I like the way you think and talk.

Anonymous said...

Back to Ontario??? What's going on? Where in Ontario? Toronto??? Is that wishful thinking. I'm so out of the loop. Great site, ma belle. I'm all caught up (sorta). Give me the scoops!
Tara

Donna's chitchat said...

You first!!!!