Friday, March 2, 2007

In like a lion...

In like a lion, that's for sure! We have a severe weather warning in effect here tonight...it's the same storm that hit Ontario on Thursday night and that's now moving East towards ME!!! Steve is STILL not home! Can you believe it!?! His flight that was supposed to come in Thursday night got CANCELLED, his flight that was supposed to arrive tonight CANCELLED. They are hoping to get out tomorrow morning and be here by early afternoon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because all of these cancellations mean BAD NEWS for my report cards!!!! Argh!!!

On a more positive note, I am now in possession of our passports!!! YAY! I arrived at the Halifax Passport office at around 10am (after an hour and a half drive) and left at 3pm (don't feel too bad for me...I did some shopping in between!lol!) They told me on the phone that I just had to drop in to pick them up...should have known better that it's never that easy when you're dealing with a government agency! It's all good now though and my toes will be in the sand before you know it! All I have to do now is start my week off with my new student teacher, plan for a supply (I took 3 days without pay to spend more time in FL!), do laundry, pack, get a pedicure/waxing, clean the house OYE! let's stop there... I'm stressing myself out! Thank God Steve is coming home!

The kids are really missing their Daddy too. The other day we were out for a walk and they saw a neighbour of ours (who's also a pilot) from a far getting out of his car to get the mail. He had his flight suit on and the kids yelled out "Daddy!". It was cute and sad at the same time! Less then 24 hours now and we'll be a complete family again! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

I couldn't bare to be at school without you Chantal, so I took the day off too..... well, actually, I usually get in trouble from you about taking days off, so I waited until you weren't around before I took one off...
I am so glad you have those passports... my cousin who is leaving for Disney next Wednesday, got her passports this Wednesday just past. She mailed hers the end of November.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chantal - great news about your passports and hopefully Steve will get home today. Hate to think of you and your babies starving one more day without him - haha!
Missed you at school yesterday - you probably heard that it was another one of those cursed eary dismissals (we went home at 2 instead of 3- but the same enormous amount of phone calls - ugh!)
See you on Monday - good luck with those reports - I'll be thinking of you as I am finishing mine up too.

Debbie