Steve is back and all is good in the McAlpine household. He finally arrived at 1:30 this afternoon. He called when he was about 10minutes away so the kids and I were waiting outside on the porch when he arrived. He started honking his horn about 5 houses away which sent Abbey and Michael into an absolute frenzy! The were jumping up and down yelling "Daddy! Daddy!" Steve jumped out of the car and they ran to him to give big hugs and kisses. We were all teary eyed. I swear it was a scene from a Disney movie!
Abbey wasted no time in telling Daddy the day's events. Especially the fact that Michael bonked her on the nose. Her exact words were "Momo frappe Abbey nez bobo Abbey". It was so funny...although not when it happened! (Momo is what Abbey calls Michael.)
Steve came back with presents for everyone! Abbey and Michael got new toys and new beach towels and sunglasses for Florida. They each got two new outfits for Florida as well. They are so cute...although you can tell Steve's not the one that does the laundry around here because he bought Michael linen pants...FOR THE LOVE! I'll just be ironing them in all my spare time! lol!
I was spoiled too! I received 2 new shirts, new pj bottoms and a workout outfit (he knows it won't be used for that since he's been married to me 5 years but at least if the urge strikes I'll look the part!) Maybe I'll just stroll the beach in it looking at my watch pretending I'm timing my run! ha!ha!
We had a wonderful steak dinner this evening...first time we've had red meat since he left last week. It was DELICIOUS! It must have given me brain power and energy because I completed my Language, Learning Skills and some of my Discovery comments. Math I will tackle tomorrow but that should be easier because you can either do it or not do it! No grey there...it's black or white!
God help us if Steve ever gets deployed! I swear I'm moving back home!
It's almost midnight and I'm off to bed. Sweet dreams everyone!
P.S. Steve's team won the silver medal! They were beat out my Petawawa. :-(
3 comments:
You did really well on your own, and who cares about the cooking part. I know you missed Steve like crazy, and thats how its suppose to be... you know Absence makes the heart grow fonder...
I hope he never gets deployed.. for many reasons, but if he did, you are tough. You would do well.
Okay, your husband has been away for days and days and you are on the computer blogging at 11:36pm...what's up with that????
LOL, glad that he's home and that all is well.
Talk soon,
J.
So happy to hear that you are eating real food again..I was beginning to worry about you - haha!
Good luck finishing your reports today - I know it won't be a problem for you and that they will be wonderful!
Have you thought about taking a little holiday without the kids, by yourself, so that Steve will appreciate you the way you obviously appreciate him? Hope the two of you NEVER have to spend long periods of time apart!
Debbie
Post a Comment