Steve left for Montreal yesterday for a friends Bachelor Party! They are all meeting in Montreal and attending the Grand Prix races then are off to Mont Tremblant for a few days of golfing! Some Bachelor Party eh?!? What happened to just good old fashion strippers???
Anyway, I'm really only jealous of the fact that I'm not there to shop because there is no shopping like shopping in Quebec! It's the best!
When I got home from school today, Barb (our caregiver) asked me how my day went...well the poor woman had to endure a 20 minute explanation of my crazy afternoon. I had actually been looking forward to the afternoon. After all, it was supposed to be an easy one because we were attending the play Alice in Wonderland put on by our drama students. My friends Pam, Sarah, Lynn and Tracy have spent 2 morning a week, every week since the beginning of the school year rehearsing this play. It's a big deal and their productions are always amazing. So...in I walk with my class. Not two minutes in Spencer pukes....my first thought was "must get him out of gym" (have I mentioned there are 300 other students, plus proud parents and community members there ugh!). So as I'm trying to usher him out discreetly and as quickly as possible before the play starts. Guess what?... he pukes again...this time I feel the splatter of it on my bare legs...AHHHHHHHH!!!! Now I can feel 400 pairs of eyes staring me down...."I must stay calm" is all I was thinking. I was heading out the side door of the gym near the boys change room and bluugh... puke #3! Could this be get any worse? The funniest thing is my friend Sarah who was standing by the door waiting for the cue to start says "Chantal, there are going to be actors coming through here any minute." So sympathetic she was eh?!? ha!ha! I felt soooooo bad but what could I do! Anyway, I run to the office to track down the custodian and to call Spencer's Mom and I'm gagging the entire time. I have the weakest stomach. Poor little guy...I just felt so bad for him...but I also felt bad for my barfy legs. I washed them thoroughly and used Donna's hand sanitizer all over them too. The office saves the day!
Wait there's more...
Before dismissal I take my class out for D.P.A. and my little David gets stung by a mystery bug outside. He is hysterical and is breaking out in welts. OMG! I run to the office (they make all things better!) and they give him ice to keep the swelling down. I'm thinking "has he been stung by a bee/wasp before?" "Could he be going anaphalactic?" Luckily, I just got off the phone with his Mom and he is fine! but it was stressful nonetheless.
So that was my eventful day! The crazy life of a teacher!
On a more positive note, I'm really enjoying my time alone with the babies (I'll have to stop calling them that at some point but I'm not quite ready yet!). They are just SO much fun! I am getting along just fine in the kitchen (okay I've had a little help!) Tonight we had spaghetti with grand-maman's sauce (thanks Mom!) and tomorrow Steve made us a supper to be reheated...what a man! I foresee a pizza in the future as well. I'll keep you posted.
I'm heading downstairs for a Coke and Wunderbar! :-)
2 comments:
I am laughing...but I totally get the puke thing. My student puked on me after I picked her up to comfort her...all down my back! I can't even remember who covered for me (no doubt someone from the office) while I went home and showered and changed. This all happened before 9:30am - Gross!
You crack me up! It happend to me once in blood collection at the hospital, except the women puked first then passed out after I drew her blood. And like you, all I could do was gag the entire time as I am trying to help hold her head b/t her legs with a cold cloth. Makes for interesting table conversation though. And don't you think that was the cutest white rabbit ever??
Post a Comment