Let's start with this morning...Michael woke up and announced that he had to pee on the potty! HUGE BIG EXCITING STEP...especially since he actually DID pee on the potty! SUPER!!! Up to now the potty training was pretty much a write-off. Ugh! Suggestions anyone?!? Where's Aunt Germaine when you need her?!? ha!ha!
Off I went to school (late of course because of the big peeing event) and Steve called to say we had a showing. Murphy's Law...you always have a showing the day BEFORE your cleaning lady is scheduled to come! Double Ugh! Well the real estate agent came early and Abbey, Michael & I were still in the driveway. As we were heading down the street on the tricycles, Abbey spotted the people heading into our house and said "Non, non Abbey house". I started to cry! Although I really want to go back to Ontario I also wanted to yell "Non, non McAlpine house!". Triple Ugh!
We decided to kill time by going into the back woods looking for "treasures"...not five minutes into our walk Michael tripped and fell into a branch and cut his eye lid wide open. Steve still wasn't home from golf yet so my first thought was "I must get back to the house so I can call my Mom!" SO silly...what can she do from Barrhaven?!? Yet I knew that just hearing her voice would calm me down. Guess what...no answer?!? Quadruple Ugh!
Luckily my friend Leslie, who lives down the road, is a nurse and she took a look at Michael and calmed me down. The three of us ended up going for a nice long walk with Myriam and Bébé Melanie (another neighbour) to the park once Michael was cleaned up and had lots of fun!
When we got back (about 5:45) the little girl that lives next door was outside playing. I told her that my kids had to come inside to eat supper and she asked if she could come in too. No problem! She's a cute kid! So there I am "cooking" (Steve was golfing so I made eggs, bacon and potatoes hee!hee!) while all 3 kids are playing with Play-Doh at the kitchen table. Eva (who's 5) says "Why are you having eggs for supper?" So I explained that Mr McAlpine does most of the cooking and I can only cook a limited amount of things and eggs was one of them. Satisfied with my answer, she kept playing then I hear her tell Michael "I'm sorry your Mom is such a bad cook!" HUGE Ugh! (don't know what comes after quadruple off hand!) :-)
Anyway, it turned out to be an action packed day to say the least. My life in the Valley!
Never boring that's for sure!!!
3 comments:
Your day sounds like one of "those" days.... good thing you can blog them. Because if you couldn't blog.... it would be over and forgotten. But it is perserved forever, much more fun. Do you know the commercial where the two little boys having supper at the table and when they are done, the one boy runs out of the house but the other gives the mom a big hug and says she is the best cook in the world (or something like that). Then the door bell rings and the mom says "tommy your mom is here". That will be Michael in about 6 years. hee hee
I love reading your blog! I can just picture what it will be like when I finally have kids, and i am sure I will have crazy days EVERYDAY!!
I laughed so hard when you talked about cooking! hahaha
I am sure deep down in side...you can cook, you just have to do it. But why bother when you have a great man to cook for you! You know as soon as you start cooking...he might stop, so I think it's best if you DON"T COOK!!
And you said Steve has golfed 3 times so far...well NICK HAS GOLFED six times this WEEK...and normally it's 5-7 times a WEEK....he's crazy...(his mistress is GOLF) We golf widows have got to stick together!! :)
So funny, Chantal! Doesn't your heart break when they hurt themselves? While Emma is still to young to hurt herself, I have managed to do it for her. I've bonked her head on my granite counter before taking her to get her 2 month shots...that was awful! It didn't even leave a bruise, but she was sleeping when I bonked it! Talk about adding insult to injury, I packed her up to get her to the doctor where she screamed bloody murder through her shots! I am still, clearly, not over it!
I have yet another question tapping your expertise in blogging...I have figured out how to arrange the pictures in the editing process, but how do you space them out over the page so they aren't all left aligned and one on top of the other?...it's driving me crazy!
I'm too anal about this and spending too much time trying to figure it out myself....just not as techie as I thought I was!
BTW, I will call you mom this week! Can't wait to see her!
Post a Comment