Saturday, April 7, 2007

Life...

Yesterday...It started with a showing in the morning. It's only our second one and I'm already not enjoying the process. Argh! Anyway, we did get out and enjoy a nice family breakfast at the Kingston Diner while the real estate agent was at our place. Not much you can do to stay busy when everything is closed and the weather is brutal. Who looks at houses on Good Friday?!?

I decided that since it was a four day weekend I should take advantage of the extra time and "try" potty training Abbey and Michael. I bought very cute Bob the Builder and Dora The Explorer undies this week and the kids were very excited to try them on. On the Bob underwear, the trucks are on the bum part which is different then on Michael's Pull-Ups. The Pull-Ups have a big picture on the front as well as the back. He wanted no part of putting the underwear on the proper way. The trucks absolutely HAD to be on the front. Funny site to see... my "less than slender" little boy with half his bum hanging out the back of his underwear!!! Anyway Abbey was the first to pee....on DORA!!!! She came to me and said "Dora triste. Abbey pipi Dora." (Dora is sad b/c I peed on her) It was too funny! By the third time, I told Abbey that Dora was no longer "triste" that she was getting "faché" (mad) from being peed on! lol! Needless to say I ran out today to get another pack of each because I don't want to be doing laundry ALL the time! (Steve's not enjoying the process at all and has been mopping floors..it's quite hysterical really!) :-)

We had Luigi's pizza for supper and I was the lucky one elected to go get it. I almost ran over someone at the cross-walk in Berwick. That's one thing I've never gotten used to around here... *&%@#* cross-walks! We just don't have any in big cities. I definitely won't miss cross-walks when we're in Trenton that's for sure!!! (and I'm sure the pedestrians won't miss me either!!!)

Moving along...when the kids were asleep, Steve and I watched "The Holiday". Great, great movie! It was totally what I needed to relieve the stress from getting the house ready for showings. Just a happy feel good movie!

Today...had a super morning with Michael and Abbey making chocolate chip muffins. SUCH FUN! Went round two with the undies and potty training. Got hair cuts (they always look so darn cute after haircuts eh?!?) and did groceries (not so fun!). Barb (our caregiver) came over with SO many Easter treats for the kids. She spoils them too much! They were very happy to see her and even happier that Mommy was staying instead of leaving when she arrived lol!

The kids just went to sleep. I put them down very late tonight because we were just having such a great time playing that I didn't want it to end. It was like 9:30 by the time I left their room. I know...I should put them down earlier but when I don't have work to do at night I get to enjoy extra cuddles and reading time and who wouldn't want that?!?!? Parenting is a funny thing because tonight for example I didn't want them to go to bed because I enjoyed their company so much and last week I would have included them as a bonus feature with the sale of our house! lol! Anyway, I've got an Easter egg hunt to plan! Must get busy hiding eggs! I'll tell you all about it tomorrow!

P.S. I would like to start an online petition to make the Master's Golf tournament a one day affair...Steve's world stops when it is on! Who's with me?!?!? Plus...tonight is a big night for the Leafs...if they lose they'll be playing golf too!!! It's been sports only on TV for the last 48 hours! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Why couldn't I have fallen in love with someone who hates sports?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chantal! I completely agree the masters should be one day....or even a half day......and hockey shold only be two weeks a year. All that has been on my television for the last 2 days is golf and god forbid I speak during an important play....or hole! urgg!

Stephanie

Donna's chitchat said...

Potty Training...sooo fun. my favorite is when they peed in their new big girl panties, while sitting on the couch. ugh. Back in the old days, "training" panties where made of triple thick Waffle fabric which absorbed half a cup of pee,sort of like a pullup now a days. And they came in solid pastel colors..no pictures. But the whole method is still the same, and washing floors and sponging couches are still the same too.... Keep it up though, it won't take long once they catch on.
Golf? there was golf on this weekend, no way.... it was totally the WORLDS in CURLING...and CANADA won.....hands down...yeaaaaa