After closer inspection, Steve realized that in our excitement to get on the road, we mistakenly grabbed Michael's left skate...and Abbey's left skate. FOR THE LOVE! The poor boy had two left skates on! (they are a different size to boot!) Michael was totally okay with it but during the game I burned home (in record time!) and got him his other skate for the following game. Lesson learned for sure...now Abbey has hot pink laces on her hockey skates. We won't be making that mistake again! Makes for a good story though eh! :-)
Here are some action shots...Can you find Michael!?! He's laying ON the puck in one of them!
We brought pom-poms so Abbey could cheer during the game. They were a hit with all the kids in the stands!
Here's a little video of the action.
Michael after receiving his medal and his Tim Horton's piggy bank. The shirt on the cover is the same colour that Sidney Crosby wore when he was a TimBit. Cute eh?
Tim Horton's did an amazing job hosting the tournament! Buy their coffee 'cause they sure do support local sports!
5 comments:
Terry is a big supported of Tim Hortons.. he buys enough for the both of us.. since I never do. I am so happy that Michael loves hockey. What a great life lesson hockey can be.... on many levels... I am really glad you enjoy it as well. Abby will love the social part of being a rink rat.... that's what I would enjoy
PS video didn't work for me... I will try again later...
oh my goodness......hilarious...two left skates....that is something that would totally happen to me! Even more funny...Michael was okay with it...that speaks to the fact that he is going to be a pretty chillled out kid!! haha
Beeing a mom produces some pretty hilarious moments!! : 0
How cute are all of them staring at Michael all sprawled out on the puck!!! We wish we would be closer to witness all these happy events!!!
It's so great that Michael has found something he loves. He also looks so cute out on the ice, look out Sidney Crosby!!!
How cute is this. I love the pom pom girls. Sis Boom Baaaaaa. Oh, you are going to be such a Hockey Mom. I bet next year Santa brings you a Mom's Hockey shirt with his name on the upper back... ha ha. cute cute cute
Post a Comment