Saturday, January 23, 2010

I Am Woman....

Here me roar!!!! First two snow days of the year and guess what? Steve is away!!! Quelle surprise! Over 3000 km separate us! (Halifax-Port-Au-Prince) Who's going to shovel? That would be ME and my two super cute but not-so-efficient helpers. As I pulled out the shovel and looked at our sparkling new snow blower in the corner of the garage, I thought "I can do this!". So after a quick tutorial over the phone by Steve...I was ready baby! It was a little intimidating at first because there were at least 15 men across the street putting up a new house but I carried on my merry little snow blowing way!
Off to a little bit of a rough start...forgot to switch it from c
hoke to run....and then there was the time I forgot to switch the snow blowing hose thingy (very technical term) to NOT blow straight into the wind and my whole right side got COVERED in snow...but I DID it! and I loved it! Totally empowering experience! I wanted to do the whole street...but quickly came to my senses! lol!
Next time I might even try taking it out of first gear! bahahahaha~
Here's how beautiful my driveway looked on Thursday afternoon! WOOHOO!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

same thing happened to me when Reza was away - it was 5:30 AM - I didn't want anyone to see me - I took out my written instructions and VOILA!!

caro xoxo

Anonymous said...

Good for you Chantal!!!!!!
I'm just waiting for a big blizzard when Brendan is away for the Olympics. The weather has been so nice so I can just feel the bad weather coming.
Sending you strong woman vibes!!!
Take care,
Angie :)

Anonymous said...

YAY Chantal! Military wives need to develop that independence - so proud of you because you have certainly had more than your share of alone time where you have had to be the sole parent at home taking care of everything! Such an empowering feeling, isn't it!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I knew you could do it!! I did see your driveway and it looks like a professional did it, I would have never guessed it was your first time!! Way to go, you are more then just good looks...lol.
M:) xoxo

GailM. said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I've never done our driveway. We've had the snowblower for 25 years.

Anonymous said...

Good for you. I'm too intimidated to use our snowblower... but I had a similar feeling when I talked myself into using the ride-on lawn mower at the cottage. It was so empowering to be able to do it myself and not rely on my husband. Hear you roar woman!

Angelene said...

That's awesome! Come up to the Mountain and Jonathan can teach you how to use the snow blower on our tractor! :)