I just hugged him and said "Yes you are lucky!" and laughed all the way downstairs!!!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Kids Say the Darndest Things...
On the way to Abbey's dance school, we pass by a cemetery. The other day Michael asked me what it was. I explained, very age appropriately, that when people die, their families often put up a beautiful marble plaque to commemorate their life. My explanation seemed to be good enough for him...but the following week he asked me if there was a special plaque for Terry Fox in that cemetery. I replied that there wasn't but that there was probably one in his home town close to his family. Well, you can tell he's been thinking about all this death and dying thing because last night at bedtime, Michael tells me "I'm glad I only know two people who have died." Since we've had no immediate deaths in our family (thank goodness!) I asked him who those two people were. His reply...Terry Fox and Jesus! FOR THE LOVE!!! Out of the mouth of babes!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is very typical at 5 years old to ask about death. I am not sure why, but I was told the same thing when my kids were 5 and asked about it... its very intriquing to them... sadly, at 5, they are also into toilet talk too like the words fart, bum, bathroom, poop... well, in english anyway... I always thought that was strange and blamed the fact that they are exposed to other children alot more when they are 5 (starting school). I am glad that Michael is so away of Terry Fox.... and of Jesus!
OH MY GOODNESS. I read this to Scott this morning and we laughed so much. Your two kids say the most adorable things, you can tell Michael has been really thinking it over.
ahhh, sweet. You never know what is going through their little minds.
Post a Comment