Friday, January 22, 2010

Hope For Haiti

I've been watching Hope For Haiti on and off all night and all I can think of is how proud I am of Steve for being a part of the relief efforts. He and his crew are working crazy hours and pushing themselves so hard but they are making a difference. So devastating but it's amazing how the entire world has come together to support Haiti.

6 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

Its a life altering experience for Steve, and for your family. Terry was involved in a sea rescue while he was on ship and he never forgot it. A tanker broke in half and was drifting towards a oil rig in a big storm.. very exciting stuff
I am very proud of Steve too. And his family for being supportive!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Steve! Can't wait to hear about all your Haiti experiences!

GailM. said...

Is he in Haiti? Wow, what an experience. I can't imagine the stories he'll have. Tell him we will think of him as he does this important work. I hope he can see some of the benefits of the money that is being sent from Canada. We donated through the red cross.

cpm said...

Hi Gail....Steve says there's been so much work done in Port-Au-Prince that they are now going to be flying supplies into Jacmel. He says the Canadian presence is amazing!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing experience for Steve!
Angie :)

Anonymous said...

Brian was in Haiti last year as part of a humanitarian mission after the 3 hurricanes when the more remote areas of Haiti were isolated after tremendous flooding. He was certainly changed by the experience and wishes he could be there now doing whatever he could to help out! We are lucky to have dedicated people like Steve and his crew to represent Canada so well at this time.


Debbie