Tarp - ~$150.00
Skates - ~$38.00 (X2)
Helmets - ~$40.00 (X2)
Chiropractor bill - $ yet to be determined
Steve's countless hours building & flooding the rink and finally putting it to use:
PRICELESS
We had our first skate today! YAY! Sooooo much fun! Steve was flooding like a madman all weekend and today was the inaugural skate! All his hard work paid off!
I had to in cure a 5 minute penalty on the bench due to my skepticism about Steve actually being able to pull this off. ha!ha! The picture above shows me serving my time (all 30 seconds lol!) on the bleachers. I borrowed little chairs from my classroom (shh Donna..I'll return them don't worry!) and the kids did so well. By the end they were both standing on their own. When they would get tired we'd sit them down in the chairs and spin them around and have races. They loved that the most really!
Steve and I will both surely be calling a chiropractor soon because this a really a back breaking activity. We take breaks holding Abbey! lol! When you get your stamina back, you have to take Michael ha!ha! They are announcing messy weather for the next few days but next weekend we'll surely be out there again!
Our first family skate was better then I could ever have imagined! An unforgettable moment for sure...and who would have thought this city girl would ever be skating in her OWN backyard! LOVE IT! The Valley Rules!
5 comments:
How much fun is that? Yeah for Steve and yeah for the weather holding out so you could actually skate before this "crap" arrived today. Not complaining...loving the extra day at home, but what a mess outside!
Enjoy your extra day at home.
PS - that's a great pic of you serving your penalty with the kids!
Hey there,
I love all the pictures of your family using the rink, but the best is penalty picture!! You guys are too cute.
P.S.- tell Steve the beard look great! ;)
M:)
Steve taught your kids a great lesson in determination for sure! He could have listened to the many who said it would never work...but he made it happen!!! Way to go Steve!!! Love the hockey pic, that is hillarious.
(Return those chairs tomorrow...that was a bad example for the kids to learn...ha ha lol)
Boy do those pictures bring back memories. My Dad always made a rink and we always enjoyed it. Your little ones will soon be pros if the weather holds up favorably. Thanks again for those wonderful pictures and your comments always put a smile on my face.Aunt Germaine xxxxoooo
Well, I should join you on the penality bench, cause I never thought the weather would allow you to actually get out there!!! yipee for you for putting up with the garden hose in your kitchen since before Xmas!!!! Oh yea, and yipee for Steve for freezing his buns and fingers every cold night. Glad you took pictures... cause the rain is coming!!!
Post a Comment