Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday morning!

Three year old's attention span is... not very long. This morning we did SO many activities. First, we made smoothies and had breakfast. Then we painted!!! Always so much fun!








I asked Abbey what she was painting and she said "Maman, Daddy, Abbey, Michael".







Michael was also working on his "masterpiece" as well so I asked him what he was painting. He answered "Un gros mess, Maman!" How true! I laughed so hard!








So that was 20 minutes! hee!hee! Then we made PlayDoh....much fun as well! They get a kick out of measuring the ingredients. When I pulled out the flour from the pantry Michael said "fait des crepes Maman?"...obviously I'm NOT a baker because the only time the flour comes out is when we make pancakes! Busted!!!

I couldn't talk Michael into making any other colour then blue (which we made last time) but Abbey chose green this time. It's so messy and I basically have to soak them in the bath for an hour to get the food colouring off their hands. I should buy some disposable gloves to help the situation?!?

We also went outside for a while to "help" Daddy with the rink, went for a walk, played in the basement, did puzzles, watched Mickey Mouse Club House (a new favourite) and this was all BEFORE lunch!

And people wonder why I love my weekend naps! ha!ha! Hope your weekend was as eventful!

3 comments:

AKS said...

Hey I am Steph's friend Amy. I teach in the UK. I was just reading your blog which I found linked to Steph's blog. I teach a pre-kindergarten class (4-5 year olds). We make playdough all the time and I always add the food colouring right to the liquid before I add the water to the flour. No mess, just still it in...if you want to make two different colours just make two batches.

Donna's chitchat said...

I love Saturdays too, and yours was as busy as much but much more fun!!!
HOw is the rink.... pictures soon?

Anonymous said...

Chantal,
You need to use the kool-aid recipe for play doh. It is much easier, less msessy, and it smells yummuy!