There's a picture of me taken at my Grand-maman's house in New Liskeard surrounded by all my cousins and we are all busy decorating a huge gingerbread house. I have the biggest smile on my face and I'm having the best time. I think I was around 4 or 5 years old. Anyway, the point is I wanted to re-create that for Abbey and Michael. I bought the gingerbread house making kit and waited for Grand-maman and Grand-papa to be here for extra hands.
I put all the decorating candies in different bowls and away we went. Michael used the "four candies in my mouth and one on the house" method. Abbey concentrated very hard while decorating placing every candy just so. It was quite humorous.
Well the whole thing was over within 20 minutes and they were ready to move on to the next activity. Maybe next year we'll be more successful!!! Mom had fun though! (and I have great pictures to scrapbook ha!ha!)
3 comments:
Love it!!!
Your house turned out much better than ours did. The walls kept caving in as the kids kept adding more candy to it!!!
Tons of fun but what a sugar high when it was done.
Your Christmas looked perfect! Enjoy!
Happy New Year to the McAlpine Family!
Love and hugs to you all. :)Angie and the boys!!!!!
Looks like they had lots of fun with the grandparents and the smiles on their cute little faces say it all!! The house looks so yummy, is there any left??? We did one with my parfents as well but it didn't last long..LOL!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
M:)
Gingerbread houses are so fun, and yet, we didn't make them very often. We had a lot of fun with Stephanie's creation this year, I think I will buy everything and have a house making night next year. Your house looks AMAZING and yummy. When do they get to eat it. That's something we never got around to doing. Weird eh
Post a Comment