Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Week In Review...

Monday my Mom left....ugh! Devastating! I HATE saying goodbye to my Mom! So sad! We did have such a nice week together (totally bonus thanks to my Dad!) and I know that there is less than three weeks to go until I'm reunited with my hubby and everyone in Ontario. Yay!

On Tuesday, we had our Internal Review Team look over our Accreditation document for the first time. I'm co-chair for our school's accreditation team (kinda like School Success Planning) and we've put in many hours of work on this massive document that supports Student Achievement and School Performance and last night we showed it to our Parent Council and some staff members. It went well but was a draining night and I got home just in time to read bedtime stories.

Wednesday was all about the kids. I felt bad being out all night on Tuesday (and coming home late from the airport on Monday) so I wanted to just to do fun things with them on Wed. evening. Well...they hadn't slept that great the night before and were so cranky after school. Yeech! Made it very hard for Mommy to be happy and fun! I think I pulled it off as best I could though! ha!ha!

Thursday is my TV night. I love Survivor and Grey's Anatomy. But lately Grey's has been disappointing. What's with the whole Dead Denny thing...good grief! I hope that story line is over soon!

Friday night I went to the Kingston Arena with the kids. Santa was there, sleigh rides and free skating as well. I forgot my camera and was so disappointed but really I had no time to take pictures. Thank goodness my friend Andrea was there to help me with the kids. It's impossible for one person to handle two four year olds on skates!!! A lot of my students were there too and they loved holding Michael and Abbey's hands as well. So cute...and tiring! We were all asleep not long after we got home.

Today was all about playing, pancake making and outdoor fun. It was nice and sunny (although a bit cold) so we took the bikes out around the block and played on the swing set. We don't have a stitch of snow anymore.
Abbey is obsessed with Cinderella these days. My Dad bought her a huge cuddly Cinderella doll and she sleeps with it every night. We play Cinderella ALL day long. Abbey's Cinderella, Michael is the Prince and I'm always the ugly, mean step sister (I'm starting to get a complex about it really! ha!ha!). When my Mom was here, she was the Fairy God Mother but now were down a character. I'm sure at Christmas, Abbey will assign parts to everyone. She's hilarious!
Tomorrow, I'll go into school for a bit as always and we also have a Christmas party to attend. Should be fun! Monday it starts all over again.
This week we have Parent/Teacher interviews. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

SAM said...

You don't need luck Chantal.....you are amazing at everything you do, parent teacher included!!!
You must be getting so excited to go home for Christmas, ahh it's just such a wonderful time of year, and Ottawa is amazing...this time of year...or so my friend Kristen tells me!! Love your blog!!

mvm said...

Wow, busy week! You must be so tired...hope you got to nap with the kids to make up for it. Not long now and you will be on your way to Ottawa to visit family and friends. Good luck this week with parent teacher.
Love you,
M

Donna's chitchat said...

It was a tough week and I missed most of it. Your doing so well at this single parent thing, but try not to be super mom either. Its ok to be away in the evening every now and then.. and its ok to be cranky too... otherwise, you might explode!