Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snow Day #2!

What a difference three days can make! On Monday I took this picture from my back deck.

This is a picture of the same view taken today. Snow is all gone but we are home again due to all the freezing rain last night. WooHoo for Snow Day #2!
Lots of activity in the McAlpine household during Snow Days. Aside from cooking, doing dishes, cleaning up, doing laundry, changing beds, running some errands, eating out, playing and of course NAPPING...we did this today...


crafts, crafts and more crafts! A good family friend of my parents sent me 4 huge boxes of scrapbooking supplies and the kids have a field day with all the treasures we found in them. I was LOVING Denyse today because those "treasures" filled up a good hour of our day! Merci Denyse!

We also tackled the puzzle Mary sent us again! Abbey and Michael love finding the face pieces! They'll scream out "I found Jackson's eyes!" It's hilarious! Thanks Mary!









And we made forts! I am not an expert fort maker like Steve but this one was pretty good if I do say so myself! ha!ha!



Busy busy day! but totally FUN!

3 comments:

mvm said...

I can't believe you got to stay home for another snow day and you have no snow!! Only in N.S. baby :)
I had tears in my eyes reading about Michael and Abbey putting the puzzle together, makes me happy.
Keep blogging, it makes me smile reading about what you are doing and it also forces me to write :)
Love,
M:)

Anonymous said...

Looks like SO much fun! I have a "hint" for building forts...clothespins...yup, they make all the difference!

Donna's chitchat said...

Snow days are fun when its snowing out, but when its freezing rain out, not as fun. So, I think all your snow day activities were awesome to make the best of a yucky "outside" day. I already gave you a good secret about puzzle making.. don't want to ruin the fun by writing it here! Great storm day memories for the kids...