Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Concert!

Abbey and Michael's first Christmas concert was this week. It was scheduled for Wednesday evening at 6:30. Perfect I thought! Well, sometimes the best laid out plans do not work out.
Wednesday we had Snow Day #3 in Nova Scotia. This meant that my students concert at school would be cancelled and that my children's concert would also be cancelled! Of course they were both rescheduled for Thursday afternoon! OH MY GOD!!! How could I be in two places at once!?! Thankfully the French school's concert was set for 1pm and ours at 1:30pm. Only 8 minutes separates the two schools if you're burning down Bridge Street. I knew Abbey and Michael were the second group to go on so, with my Principal's blessing; love her! and internal coverage, I set off to watch my children sing! WooHoo!


I went to their class first so that they could see me and know I was there in case they couldn't find me in the crowd. They were all dressed and ready to go for their first performance (or spectacle as Abbey says!). Abbey was Mrs Claus and Michael a little elf.

They were beyond cute! I just laughed to myself when I saw them both with little hats on. That morning I showered with both of them so that their hair would be just right. Abbey's perfectly blow dried under and Michael's gelled up just like Daddy does it! My efforts were in vain but whatever! They still looked adorable! I started tearing up before they even started singing. Pathetic I know! They sang the little song "Au temps des fetes" so well and everyone cheered! They gym was packed but they seemed unfazed by all (much to my amazement!) I couldn't have been more proud! After quick hugs and congratulatory kisses, I raced back to my school just in time for my classes first song! Whew! I made it! My class performed 5 songs and did really well too! I felt like Superwoman having accomplished it all! Children, students, parents and administration all happy! All was well! Now I needed a big glass of red wine! Thank goodness I've gotten over the fact that drinking alone isn't bad since Steve's been gone! ha!ha!

5 comments:

mvm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mvm said...

I love this post for so many reasons...one because Michael and Abbey look so cute and did so well at their concert but I really love it because I am so proud of you for being able to do it all. You really are a super mom.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

I second that...you certainly are a super mom!!!!
Have a safe trip home!
Merry Christmas! xo
Love Angie

Anonymous said...

You are unbelievable! Superwoman, supermom, superfriend, just SUPER! I will revive the blog and fill you in soon why it's been, ahem, neglected!

Anonymous said...

It seems different countries, different cultures, we really can decide things in the same understanding of the difference!
Personalized Signature:我喜欢淮安掼蛋,靖江青儿,南通长牌,姜堰23张,常州麻将这些地方言游戏