Sunday, December 14, 2008

Base Christmas Party!

This weekend Michael, Abbey and I went to the Base Christmas Party with our neighbours the Tromp Family. It was a big pancake breakfast with face painting, balloon making, magic shows and of course Mr and Mrs Claus. Tons of FUN! We had a great time together! It was nice to see all our military friends and their families. (and also get so many words of encouragement about surviving without your husband from women who have done it and lived to tell ha!ha!!)









I can't believe the difference one year can make. Abbey and Michael aren't scared of Santa at all now. We waited in line and they went right up to Santa and told him what they wanted. They are still asking for a pink dress (Abbey) and a big truck (Michael)....and they won't be disappointed!

Hats off to the Base for putting on such a great family fun day! (and to the Tromp Family for letting us tag along!)

6 comments:

SAM said...

oh you know what...kids just make Christmas better...I can't wait to create family traditions and have fun with my kids!! To see it through their eyes is amazing!! : )

Donna's chitchat said...

What a fun day for you and the kids.. wow... this is it... the last week... yipee... You made it this far.. you will do great. I am so proud of your kids being all brave around santa!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, Chantally--------Keep 'em comin'. Michael is a comedian and doesn't even know it and Abbey song is just plain cute. One more week to go. Hope it goes well and quickly for all.

Anonymous said...

Dear Chantal,How cute are they! I love Abbey's little dress and of course Michael's sweater. I finally got the sound fixed on my computer and heard the children sing. Precious! I agree that ii's a Funniest Home Videos Moment. You should send it in.Have a safe trip home next week..Love, AuntGermaine xxxooo

GailM. said...

It looks like a great party. Nice of the base to do that. PS: your little embroideries are on the way.. check with Donna at noon on Tues or Wed to see if my package has arrived. Of course, you'll have to give her a day or two to make a little something out of the embroideries for the kiddies.

mvm said...

Christmas at the base sure is a lot of fun, they go all out for the kids and it's great to see! Michael and Abbey are so brave to tell Santa what they want, Sophie still wants me to sit on Santa's knee with her...