Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Too Short But Still Very Sweet!

All together again....for a few hours anyway!!! Although we only spent two days in Toronto, I (of course) took the opportunity to call Mary to hang out. It was soooo good to see her again. I was as happy for me as for the kids, who were equally as excited to see Jackson and Sophie. Mary recommended we go to the Ontario Science Center and WOW! was it awesome! So fun and interactive for the children. We visited the kids section, where they had things that roll, make music, water for playing/fishing and blowing bubbles, gears and a place to play doctor and house builder, then we went through the rain forest and checked out some insects and finally into a funky dark cave as well as a very cool sports section. With all the excitement around us, it made it difficult for Mary and I to talk but I still enjoyed just being with her...and catching up a little.



The four kids get along so well and seeing them play together makes me sad that we will all be apart next year. Mary ALWAYS had the best play date activities (the kids making their own pizzas, doing s'mores in the fireplace, sooo many come to mind!!!)
After the O.S.C., we all drove to Markham to visit the Major Family's new house. Unbelievable how fast they have turned a house into a home. Mary and Jason had it set up so nicely...even after less then a week in the house. (you can see pics of their new house on Mary's blog..see side bar) Jackson and Sophie were excited to show Abbey and Michael their new rooms and then sadly we had to go. All good things come to an end I guess.




We had such a wonderful time together and although I'm so sad that the Major's won't be in Greenwood anymore, I am so happy that they seem so settled in Toronto and I truly wish them all the best. Thanks for the great day Mary! xo

2 comments:

mvm said...

You are making me sad again :(
That was a fun day...Jackson and Sophie still talk about it. Sophie just asked me today when we will see Michael and Abbey again. We are excited to be able to hook up with you in Ottawa. Maybe we can do lunch, just the 2 of us???
Love reading your blog!!!!
M:)

Anonymous said...

I'm still reading!!! :)

Julie ox