Friday, July 4, 2008

Peas & Blueberries!

Those are two of my favourite summer foods! Both remind me of time spent in New Liskeard with Grand-maman Ayotte and the family. In the past two days, I've purchased two 2 pound bags of peas and we've finished them all. Both Abbey and Michael LOVE them as much as I do. Tonight we sat out on the back deck and finished off the second bag. Yummy! Funny how little things make me so happy!


Right off our property line there are wild blueberry bushes...like A LOT of them!!!! The kids get so excited to start picking. I'm happy a few blue ones came out before we leave for Ontario because the kids enjoy them so much!

Finding the blue little treasures is such fun! They are so sweet!


Should be interesting bathroom activity in the next couple of days since they've been overloading on peas and blueberries for the last few days. I'll keep you posted (ha!ha! just joking that would be WAY too much info!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your wild blueberries brought back memories of summers with my Grandmother. I would stay with her and work in the blueberry fields for a week or two each summer. We used a crazy looking hand held rake and got paid 25 cents a bucket. It was tough work! Your blueberries are REALLY early though! I don't think we'd pick until sometime in eary August.

Donna's chitchat said...

I was never a fan blueberries and of course I have a fatal allergy to peas, sooooo.. your blog is scary to me. But... blueberries are better now that I am more mature :) My mom would pick blueberries by the green garbage full and freeze them, then pack them up in newspaper, put them in her luggage and then go to Campbellton to share them with her 5 sisters there. She had one pair of special blueberry picking pants... so stained you couldn't wear them for any other chore. We picked them in big fields behind the base in Sydney, wild ones like behind your house.! Good memories for me, but not the eating of them.. just my mom the olympic champion of handpicked wild blueberries!