Monday, July 7, 2008

Ontario Bound!

We left NS at 5:20 am and I finally saw my first St Hubert sign at 3:01 pm (Nova Scotia time). Abbey and Michael were no less then AMAZING during the drive!!! They slept, watched a movie, snacked and played...not a whimper, not a complaint the whole way! Unbelievable!!! We drove to Quebec City and stayed there for the night. (must to my parents chagrin who were hoping we'd drive straight through)







We had so much fun at the hotel. Here are some pics of Abbey and Daddy in the huge hot tub as well as Steve and Michael in the pool.
















Here's me and my babes taken on the grounds at the hotel. It was so beautiful
So after some relaxing, we decided to head downtown where the action is. Well, between Le Festival de l'ete and the 400th birthday of Quebec...it was insane!!!! There were people everywhere. Picture Parliament Hill before the fireworks only MORE!!!


This picture was taken before we even got inside the gates (you know the ones if you've been to Quebec City). We had fun walking around people watching, had a nice supper and delicious gelato and headed back to the hotel for some well deserved ZZZZZZZ's.
Now, we're home safe and sound and loving it!!! No speeding tickets either! yay!










2 comments:

GailM. said...

I love Quebec City. I have 4 aunts who live there. The crowds are wild, aren't they.... Since it's my birth city, I think I should plan a trip this year, just to say I was there in the 400th year.

Donna's chitchat said...

Aunt Angeline said the people are triple anything she has ever seen at any of the big events... They have done so much to her street (she lives just a KM from the Old Town Quebec, but down on Champlain). We drove there last year while all the construction was in progress and it was amazing then... Terry saw it in November and said it was breathtaking... so I can't EVEN imagine what it looks like now... oh,I wish I could go too... Maybe gailm and I should go together some time!