Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Niagara Falls = Family Fun

Why people would want to go to Niagara Falls for their honeymoon is beyond me but for a family vacation...it's second to none! We had the most wonderful time in Niagara Falls with the Tate Family (long time friends of ours from university). We were amazed at the view from our hotel room. We stayed at the Sheraton on the Falls and it really was "ON the Falls"!!!



Here are a few pictures taken from our hotel room on the 10th floor. It was such a beautiful view to wake up to. We looked directly over the American Falls with the Canadian ones a little to the right. Both spectacular! We had adjoining rooms with the Tate's who also have two children. They had a blast playing together. The hotel room came with a three day pass to the Water Park that's attached to it. That was as much fun for the kids as the adults. We definitely got great use out of that pass...we went all three of the days we were there. FUN, FUN, FUN!!!







We took a ride on the Maid of the Mist. Abbey and Michael loved it. We were all amazed at the power of the water. The Falls are HUGE (something like 170 feet) and you gotta love that the Canadian Falls are bigger and better then the American ones!!!




We were soaked when we got off the boat but all had big smiles! Worth every penny!!!




We also visited MarineLand! "There's a place I know in Ontario...everyone loves MarineLand!" I sang that song for many, many days, just couldn't get it out of my head...the marketing team at MarineLand are geniuses ('cause it's really not that great of a place)!!!! The kids had a blast on all the rides though. Here are some pics...not feeling creative enough to comment on each one sorry.















The Tate Family is right behind Steve in the picture where he's pushing the kids. I didn't get any good pictures of the water shows. At the Friendship Cove show...we all got soaked by the Killer Whale's tail. The kids thought that was hilarious....me...not so much!
I had heard of the Rainforest Cafe but had never been to one until our Niagara Falls trip. It was awesome! There's a thunder storm in the restaurant every 20 minutes and the gorillas & elephants come alive every 12 minutes. The kids were thrilled and in awe of everything going on around them. I was trying to take a picture of Steve and Michael in front of the elephants but couldn't get Michael to take his eyes off the herd. Too funny!


So that's our Niagara Falls trip in a nutshell. I'll try and post more often but we've just been so busy visiting with everyone that I'm not feeling much like sitting down and writing at the end of the day. Hope everyone is having a great summer!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally!!! I have been waiting for a post! We are going to Niagara falls on Sat. and staying at the same place. We are taking your advice and just going to the water park. Love all the pictures!!!
YAY.
xoxox
M

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are all having fun! Come home soon :-)

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome pics Chantal. Looks like you are having a great summer. I can't wait to see you and the kids soon :)
Alex

Anonymous said...

Ok-here goes! I thought I would surprise you (and also see what you really had to say about your trip to the falls)! It wasn't so easy finding your blog but I got it by reading your friend's entry(my apologies...I want to say Donna but I'm not sure if I've got the right name). I especially loved the kid pictures of you Chantal!!!
I promise to keep reading your entries-who knows, you might even see me on Facebook one of these days!!!!
Julie xo

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sopriventontes.net/][img]http://tonoviergates.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]shop front software, [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]Software PC[/url]
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]advantage software canada inc[/url] educational software store oem software review
print buying software [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]discount software sales[/url] autocad 2009 for sale craigslist
[url=http://tonoviergates.net/]adobe photoshop cs4 upgrade canadian price[/url] buying photoshop
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]price a software product[/url] educational software ratings
free nero 9 premium [url=http://tonoviergates.net/]a shop software[/url][/b]