Sunday, June 29, 2008

Rhubarb!

I love rhubarb! Some people pucker up at the mere mention of the word but I just love it! It reminds me of my Grandma. She made the best rhubarb and I'd slather it all over my toast when we would visit during the summer. Last week, Donna gave me a bundle of rhubarb and to prove that I AM getting more and more domestic I took pictures to prove that I actually did something with it!


This is what I started with! Yummy rhubarb home grown in Donna's backyard!


This is one of the batches I made for toast. My neighbour Leslie gave me a great recipe that's basically just adding strawberry jelly, sugar and cinnamon. It was delicious!



And here's a picture of the pie Steve made...with my decorative touch! hee!hee!

Thanks Donna for sharing! I love rhubarb!!!

2 comments:

GailM. said...

I love Rhubarb too. I got a plant from Donna early last year and I thought I'd get some rhubarb this year...but it's still too small a plant. I haven't had any this year yet. I should break down and buy some, but it doesn't seem right. I used to think that way about buying water...but now I'm over it. The pie looks yummy. The little heart in the middle is so sweet.

Donna's chitchat said...

I am so happy that someone is eating my rhubarb. I have used some of it, but it just keeps growing... will you have time to use some more to make your stewed recipe. I can cut it and bring it to you tomorrow if you can use it!
The pie looks amazing!