Here's a picture of Tanya and baby Kate (4 months old) in Margaretsville. It was the first time I met Tanya's newest family member. "Special K" truly is extra special. Not only is she so beautiful but she's the best baby I have ever met. She's unbelievable!!! Tanya has three amazing children. I was lucky enough to be present when her first son Jacob was born. What an honour! Then came adorable Zack and finally she got the long awaited GIRL...third times a charm!! and boy was Kate worth the wait!!! This picture is right before our delicious lobster supper!!! Yummy!!!
(not sure why I can't make those two pictures bigger?!?)Here's Tanya and I on the pier in Halifax before we dropped her off at the airport. :-(

So... short and sweet trip indeed. Thanks Tanya for coming all this way to visit. It meant so much to me to show you my new "home". We love it here and I'm happy I got to share it with you. Also I know how hard it was for you to leave your boys. I truly appreciate it!
See you in a month T!
4 comments:
There are so many "friend" quotes that I used to know. Really good ones, appropriate for this situation. But, alas, my age or my over used brain, not sure which, has stopped me from remembering. Friends make life so much better. I am so glad you had a great weekend, and its so cool when you show "new to Nova Scotia" people around our little pot of Gold, you see things in a different light some times. We take our Valley's beautiful for granted, or we are less amazed by its beauty... when you see it every day. But have someone totally new to it come for a visit and BAM... there it is again... spectacular tranquility, heart warming simple, breathtakingly refreshing.. Valley beauty. Reconnecting with friends is energizing, sort of refocusing your own beliefs, your own history (if they are a long time friend), and circulating a renewed pride in your own family and life! I know exactly what your talking about:)
Been a while since I posted a message! Great to read that you got to have an awesome weekend with Tanya! It's tough having those important people so far away! One of my favourite girls is in Australia :( It's hard, but it makes our time together extra special!
I definitely cant wait to see you this summer....my Emma is ready for a play date!
It's so nice to have friends come to visit and the Annopolis valley and Halifax are great places to visit. Always something nice to see.
Donna is bang on the money, you certainly have a little piece of gold there and I am very thankful that you shared it with me.
Sure I might give your "friends" a hard times (Mary!!) but it's only because I am so envious that they get to spend time with you. They get to see first hand what a fabulous person you are, as well as a wonderful mother.
I am comforted however by knowing that they are there for you since I cannot be. BUT to all of them I say "I found her first, she's mine, I'm just sharing!!!"
Finally, Aristotle is known to have said that "A friend is a single soul in two bodies" - lets make sure when we go out we always use yours!!
I love you Chikita.
Post a Comment