Big thanks to MY Donna (who I know is reading this...for taking such good care of me, always having her "chair" available and being such a wonderful lunch partner!!).
The end of the year is always sad/happy for me. Don't get me wrong, when that dismissal bell rings on the last day, in my head I'm singing "It's the most wonderful time of the year" but until it does, my stomach is in knots all day long. Not only did I have to say goodbye to my students on Friday but this year my principal, who I adored, is leaving for another school. He is so funny, approachable, easy going and all about the kids...and really isn't that the best quality for an educator.
The worst though was saying good bye to Mary. I'm tearing up just writing that last sentence. She came into my classroom on Friday to say goodbye before she left for Ontario (where she will be living while her husband attends Staff College). I can't even describe all the emotions I felt when we hugged. Needless to say...we both went to the ugly cry. I was a mess! Ugh! The military can be so hard. :-(

Sometimes people come into your life that you just know that no matter what distance separates you...you will always remain friends. I know Mary and I will be friends forever! Love ya babe!
2 comments:
Ok...now I'm crying AGAIN reading this!! We are in our hotel room in Edmundston, it is raining and I just want to go home.
The only reason Greenwood felt like home is because I had you. What a gift to have formed such a special bond in 3 short years. I will miss our laughs, spa days, play-dates and so much more. Forever in my heart.
Love you mon amie xoxox
It is so hard to say good bye to friends. I have been in Greenwood so long now (20 years), that I have been the one left behind every time now. I have said good bye to so many, but I find that with computers, facebook, blogging, etc, that its so much easier to keep in touch and keep connected. You will cross paths often in your military careers and with good friends, its easy to get back into the swing of things when you meet again. Don't worry, you guys have just entered a new stage of friendship, which is just a new challenge on ways to keep in touch or get together.... they do have spas in Toronto you know, and how fun would THAT be!!
Post a Comment