Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Valentine's Day!

I know this post is late but better late then never right?!? Valentine's Day was fun! Steve got me some beautiful red roses and a pink one for his little princess. Abbey was so proud. She walked around with it for over an hour before she let me put it in a vase.
(notice the big cut on her chin...she banged it on the corner of Steve's massive tv...poor little thing...it's completely healed now though)















Michael wasn't really into taking pictures that day so they are mostly of Abbey (no I'm not playing favourites...one was just less cooperative then the other!!!)


Last year, on my friend blog, she posted pictures of her family and their Valentine's tradition of using champagne flutes with supper. I loved the idea! And although I'm not ready to let Abbey and Michael use my "for show" stemware, I bought plastic flutes for us to enjoy our milk in. The kids thought it was great! Steve made an awesome supper, steak, shrimp and twice baked potatoes! Abbey and Michael LOVE seafood...they must have eaten 10 shrimp each and Michael can easily put back 4 ounces of steak. It's insane!



Here our my little Valentines enjoying our dinner in the dining room.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the blog news and pictures. I just put all the winter scenes on a disc and must do the valentine pictures soon.
Abbey sure doesn't look anything like a baby anymore. Tell her for me that she is very pretty in her Valentine's pictures (albeit she is growing up too quickly for grandma). It was obvious Michael wasn't into picture taking that day------I know how he feels.
Love Ann

Angie said...

I love the plastic stem ware!! You're so flashy!! lol
I am going to post my Valentines evening late too. Thanks for sharing! Your night sounded like ours...Olivia and I love sea food as well and Kent and Brayden like the turf more then the surf.

Anonymous said...

wow - great minds think alike - Reza also brought home roses for everyone - a single pink one for Yasmine!! And WE had surf and turf too but ours was lobster tails!! Yasmine was not crazy about either the steak or the lobster! Oh well!! More for us! See ya!! BTW - love the idea of plastic champagne glasses!!

love, caro