Last week was insane for me...report cards looming, Steve away, a presentation to get nervous about, planning for a substitute teacher, a field trip and a sick caregiver to top in all off. It just wasn't a good week! I called my Mom... of course ('cause you know just hearing your Mom's voice makes it better) and cried and whined (what I do so well ha!ha!)
Anyway to make a long story short, I'm in an in-service Friday afternoon and all of a sudden I spot my Mother in the hallway. I literally started to sob right there! Can you believe how good she is to me?!? I'd been walking around with what seemed like the weight of the world on my shoulders and in that instant she took it all away. My heart just felt so good and light again.
Did I mention that she booked the trip right after we hung up the phone and that she's leaving for Florida for over a month two days after she leaves here (and we're all showing up in FL three days later!) ONLY A MOTHER'S LOVE FOR SURE!
My bathrooms are clean, clothes washed, meals prepared (all my favourites) but mostly my babies are happy while I concentrate on report cards. AHH! All is well in my world! Mom saves the day...AGAIN!!! She's SuperMan and June Cleaver all rolled into one...and she's all mine! Thank goodness I'm an only child 'cause she'd really be exhausted! ha!ha!
8 comments:
She's awesome for sure...and I think I would break down and cry if I found her on my doorstep, too! TTYS!
What a wonderful mother you have!!!! If I was your mother and received the reaction to visits like I see you give her, I would try to help you out whenever I could too. That is one of the many great things about you Chantal - you are so sincere with your emotions and your gratitude for the support from your parents.
So glad that you had this support at one of the most difficult times of the year for us teachers! You deserve it!!!
Debbie
Ahh Chantal, how nice. That just gave me goosebumps and a tear in my eye. I know what it's like to be stressed and how much i appreciate my mom's help...and she lives down the street. I don't know how you do it?!
Your mom is amazing!!
I'm glad all is well in your world.
Angie xo
aren't moms grand....you are so right...sometimes you just want your momma!! I had strep over christmas and cried and just needed a hug from mom.....they make everything better even when you are not a kid anymore......thank goodness for mom's! I can just picture how excited you were!! : )
So great Chantal! You sure have wonderful parents...and you certainly deserve them!
That is just a great story Chantal!!! Sometimes moms just know when they are needed. Then when Abbie and Michael grow up you can pay it forward to them in their time of need!!!
Hope you had a great visit with your mom!!!
I haven't been on you blog in awhile so I had lots of reading...to come across this blog about a mother's love!! Well, I know how upset you were when your caregiver got sick! To have your mom drop everything and fly to N.S. to help you out, WOW!! I had tears in mom eyes readying about you seeing your mom walk down the hall of the school and you start to sob...I'm glad I wasn't there because I would have been sobbing with you...lol!
You are blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with your mother.
Love,
M:)
...should read tears in my eyes,lol
Post a Comment