Sunday, November 21, 2010

6th Birthday Party!

To think of a location to have a co-ed birthday party in a village of 3,000 has it's challenges! We've done Roo's and bowling previously, so this year we decided to have Abbey and Michael's birthday party at the Equestrian Park down the road.


We had a great time! The staff was awesome, the horses were friendly and the guests were perfectly behaved! They had three ponies set up for us (Chance, Evan and Rudy) and all the kids got to ride them all multiple times. There was an indoor riding ring so the pictures aren't great but you get an idea of the set-up!

A few shots of Abbey on Chance.










A few shots of Michael on Evan.










After about an hour of riding we "retired" to the party room where I had activities, food and cake! Can you believe these "cakes" are actually cupcakes?!? Cool eh?!? and so easy to dish out!










Every year while I'm planning their birthday party I ask myself why oh why I didn't time their birth better. I'm always party planning right smack in the middle of report cards!!! Oh well..it's a good procrastination tool...and a great stress reliever!

4 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

Awesome party idea.. Luckiest kids in Greenwood to have a pony party. The cakes are adorable.. truly.. cupcakes are the way to go

Anonymous said...

Someday our children will realize how lucky they are! You truly are an amazing Mom in so many ways! Full time job that doesn't end when you leave the building, often a single mom with your husband's job of rescuing people and this doesn't get in the way of the creative activities you do with your kids! You can now add party planner extraordinaire to your resume!!!! The cupcake cakes are unbelievable!!! I bet the kids loved them! Do you want to adopt me?
:) Debbie

Anonymous said...

That should say 'your children'...I wish I could lay claim to them though because they are absolutely adorable!
:) Debbie

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had a great day. Love the cakes, so colourful and yummy looking. May be difficult to top this party :D
M:)