Thursday, December 17, 2009

Five Years Old!

I must admit I had a hard time with Michael and Abigail turning five. I'm not ready for my babies to grow up. I feel like so many parents wish away their time with their children and all I want is for time to slow down!

Here are my beautiful twins now! I'm so proud of how much Abigail and Michael love each other.


















So here's a little rundown of what Abbey and Michael were like...at FOUR!

What they want to be when they grow-up?
M: architect or bulldozer driver
A: doctor or teacher (when Abbey said this Michael answered "Non Abbey si tu es un professeur il faut aller a l'ecole meme le soir comme maman!" HA!HA!

Favourite foods:
M: tacos and steak
A: pizza and fajitas

Favourite TV show:
M: Mighty Machines
A: Strawberry Shortcake

Best friends:
M: Jacob, Cedric and Christina
A: Daphnee, Sophie and Victoria

Happiest when...
M: I'm on my bike and when Daddy is tickling me
A: I'm hugging Mommy and when I'm at Disney (teehee!)

Favourite restaurant:
M: Montana's
A: McDonald's

Michael still can't say his "s blends" therefore skate becomes 'kate and smoothies are "foothies" but I love it and know he will grown out of it one day. He also says "J'ai aime..." instead of "J'aime"...that one I don't really care for. I also can't break Abbey from saying "muliere" for lumiere?! Not sure when she got that one?!? but it's kinda cute! They sometimes say "chelal" instead of "cheval". They both don't say their "r's" well so "Arrete" is "Ayete"...I hear that one a lot "Ayete Michael" or "Ayete Abbey". They also have trouble with their "g doux" sound...so "gentil" becomes "yentil". :-)

So here's how I spent my last few minutes with my four year olds! Reading a Birthday Dr. Seuss book that tante Tanya sent as part of a special birthday package. I LOVE being a Mom more than I could have ever possibly imagined! Bonne fete mes anges! xo

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Chantal the kids are adorable and I wanted to wish them a very happy birthday. Five years - holy cow. It goes by way too fast. lol Kelly

Donna's chitchat said...

I remember saying to myself "I am going to hate when my kids are 9 & 10, because kids that age are so annoying". When my kids were 9 & 10, they were amazing and so fun to be with. I hated the thoughts of them being 16, and I loved it then. I was the same, I didn't want them to grow up. but you grow with them and you get to enjoy the new stages, and although you wish them babies again, you will love when they become independent and want to take care of you. Just like you want to do will your parents! Its all nice, and you will love every age!

mvm said...

I had tears in my eyes reading this post because I know just how you feel. SLOW DOWN!!! Time goes by fast, but I'm sure it's going by even faster now that I have kids.
You are such a wonderful mother and your children are so blessed to have you and you to have them.
xoxo

GailM. said...

How sweet. It's true, they grow up too quick. It's nice that you appreciate all the quirks as they grow up. It's important to write them down too cause when you are 50+ like my sister and me, it's sometimes easy to forget all those little things.

You are a beautiful family.