Saturday, February 21, 2009

Taking The Roof Off Winter!

One of the best parts of living in Military communities is the MFRC (Military Family Resource Ctrs). They put on such great family fun activities. During my Mom's visit, the MFRC planned a snowshoeing activity at the golf course on the base. It was a spectacular night weather wise and so much fun all around.



Here's my Mom, Abbey and Michael heading out onto the golf course full of energy!



Here are my little snowshoers! (Although it looks like Michael is doing a little tree climbing on the side! ha!ha!) Snowshoes have come a long way since the wooden ones I remember as a child...check them out!












They even had sleigh rides which the kids LOVED!




Abbey was the first to tire out so my Mom offered to head back to the club house with her for some hot chocolate. Michael and I continued down the 18th hole. As we were heading back in, this is the view we had with the sun setting in the background. Spectacular! Great time all around!

6 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

What an Awesome day... I love snowshoeing.. I haven't done it in 20 years though.. time to start I think!

GailM. said...

I've never snowshoed, but I've always wanted to try. It's nice to have the Family Resource Center to do these activities. I miss the Military for that type of stuff. Looks like you had a great day.

Anonymous said...

It was an awesome winter outing! Happy that I was there to join in the fun.

Anonymous said...

It was an awesome winter outing! Happy that I was there to join in the fun.

mvm said...

Beautiful family pictures and so nice that you were able to have your mom there with you.

Anonymous said...

The kids look huge in their single shots - so tall. Love the suits. It looks like it was a blast...jealous of anonymous above me.