Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day!

Even though it was just the three of us this year for Valentine's day, we certainly felt the love. Steve had a dozen beautiful red roses for moi and a pretty pink one for Abbey delivered to school on Friday! Made me smile all day long amidst the craziness of Valentine-mania!




When I got home, Abbey and Michael were excited to share stories from their Valentine's day party at school and show me all their cards. So fun to experience it through their eyes!


I prepared all the Valentine goodies the night before so that when Abbey and Michael woke up on the 14th it would be the first thing they saw when they came downstairs. (That big bouquet on the kitchen table is from my students!)




We had a ton of fun opening all our surprises from Daddy and both sets of grand-parents. Can you say SPOILED much?!?









Check Michael dancing to his Valentine singing frog...he's got moves! I love how Abbey is just smiling at him. Could I possible love them anymore?!? Not a chance!!!!


After playing outside for way longer then expected, I didn't have time to make the dinner I had planned soooooooo pizza is was! ha!ha! Even without Steve to share this special day with us, we still toasted our wonderful family with our special Valentine's day flutes (filled with chocolate milk). Cheers!





It was a good day overall even with such an important part of our family missing. I felt the love from across all the miles. Happy Valentine's Day! xoxo


3 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

You did a great job to make is special even without Steve. A true and perfect mom, you are!!!!

Anonymous said...

Valentine's Day at your house is like Christmas, can I come? Love all the special treats you made for the kids...you are a great mom and the kids are lucky to have you.
Smooch,
Mary
P.S. Sophie loves Michael's dance moves...lol

Anonymous said...

Ok like seriously when do you have time to plan, implement, capture and blog all this?!? You don't sleep do you? Incredible :)