Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Little Reader...

In January, Abbey and Michael's teacher started an At-Home-Reading Program. Every night they bring home easy and repetitive books to "read". They love to open their back and forth folder to see what book they get to read that night.

Abbey was so cute reading in her bed tonight that I took a little video. Don't you love how she self-corrects at one point! (ha!ha! only a teacher would recognize that!!!) I hope their enthusiasm for reading doesn't ever wain!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that, "Je suis un cowboy"?
LOL - too cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How great is that....reading at 4 years old. It's cute to see her following the correct words with her litttle finger. Bravo Abbey! Nous sommes fiers de toi.

Donna's chitchat said...

That is so wonderful. I forget that she is just 4. That is amazing actually. To be reading so well so young.!!! Great job Abbey! Good job recording it mom!

Anonymous said...

Bravo Abbey!
Wow - she already uses some good reading strategies - looing at the picture clues, tracking the words. She certainly is on the right track! I also hope she continues to love reading! Great video Chantal!
I remember when my children were able to read their own Birthday cards - that seemed like a major milestone moment - it will happen before you know it!
Debbie

mvm said...

YAY Abbey! Just like her mom, smart and good looking...look out!
M:)