Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Night Before...

Thursday was insane in the McAlpine house! Carving pumpkins, getting special treats ready for the kids at school, getting school costumes packed...not to mention getting supper on the table, dishes done, all before Survivor and Grey's Anatomy! I literally didn't stop until 9:30pm (which is why my PVR is so vital!). I was so ready for my Coke and chocolate by that point!


Here's Michael and I carving pumpkins. Abbey was the official photographer. Here we are sampling roasted pumpkin seeds. Yummy!





I had so much to do for my classroom too. I always do Halloween activity centers usually Math and Literacy based....complete with a little passport for the kids to stamp when they've completed a center. If Steve would have been home I could have gone back to school to prepare ahead of time but that's not the case so Friday morning was craziness getting stuff prepared in time...thank goodness I've been doing this awhile! ugh!

Here's a picture of Abbey and Michael eating their white chocolate ghosts! Delicious!!!

3 comments:

mvm said...

Well you did it all and it looks like the kids had fun. You are super mom and teacher!! I love Abbey's hair, she looks so sweet. We miss you all every day.
Hugs.
M:)

Donna's chitchat said...

pretty cute pumpkins tooo... I must say.!

Anonymous said...

Chantal, you are amazing. I don't know how you do it all, and by yourself at that. Your kids are very fortunate to have you as their mom. And your students for having you as their teacher.
Abbey is a fantastic photographer. :-)
See you soon,
Tab