Saturday, October 18, 2008

Single Parent...

Well today was the day...Steve left for Trenton this morning to start his Herc course. We knew it was coming for a while now but that didn't make it any less hard. He left while the kids were sleeping to make it easier on everyone but it was still so difficult. Ugh!
The first words out of Michael's mouth this morning were "Where's Daddy?"... so heartbreaking!
Yesterday while I was at work and the kids were at school, Steve went shopping! When I got home the kitchen table was loaded with treats. Abbey got Ballerina Barbie, Michael got a new Transformer and I got beautiful roses and a book I've been wanting to buy. We were all very excited and it was nice to have something new for the kids to play with this morning.
So day 1 without Steve is over! We survived it! ha!ha!
Only 130 days to go...yikes let's not think about that!

3 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

You have a really nice partner.. so thoughtful, and I know its going to be so hard for you and the kids. But I also know that you will make it a fun adventure for those kids and you have small little breaks to look forward to for you and for the kids, with mom coming, and then Steve back for the birthday,then a month later.. christmas break...

mvm said...

It's never easy when they go away for a long perid of time... and yes, you really do feel like a single parent!! You have lots of dates to look forward to and that will help you get through it!! Expect something in the mail for you and the kids this week.
Thinking of you.
M:)

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine juggling it all on your own. When it seems at it's worst, remember how he's feeling. There is nothing worse than being so far away from ALL the ones you love.

He's definitely on the ball when it comes to being thoughtful and prepared before leaving...he needs to write a manual....get it a MANual..?

btw..we should chat soon!