Monday, May 7, 2007

GIRLS WEEKEND!

Friday after school, Mary, Sherry and I took off to Halifax for a girls weekend! We had so much fun! After a near death driving experience (3 point turn on a very busy street with lots of traffic...I'm convinced Mary Major's middle name in Andretti hee!hee!) we arrived at the Delta. We met up with Felicia and Tanya, checked in and cracked open a few bottles of wine! FUN FUN! After Mary made me over...no I'm serious...she made me take out the pearl earrings I've worn for the last 10 years and put in hoops AND she made me put on a strapless top (gasp!) I was ready for a night on the town lol! (don't worry the trusted pony tail was still in place hee!hee!) We had a wonderful dinner at Five Fishermen and then went out dancing. We got our groove on and we're in bed by 12:45...what a wild and crazy bunch! ha!ha!



The next morning we headed out for some SPA treatments, good food and MORE retail therapy...could it possibly get any better?!?!? We caught a movie in Bayer's Lake and headed back to the hotel for some hot tubing, drinking and chatting.
Sunday we headed back to our families but not before a quick stop in Bedford for one last shopping fix. lol! It's back to reality now though. Monday morning came around pretty quick! It was SO great to get away to recharge but nice to come home to my happy family too! Thanks Mary for all your planning! A great time was had by all! When's the next one?!? I hear Digby Pines calling us!!!! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks GOD!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering if you had fallen off the face of the earth! Glad to hear you had such a great time!

J.

Donna's chitchat said...

What a great contrast between your last two blogs.... how funny. Amazing how time can make a difference. You went from "What a day... to "GIRLS WEEKEND"...
Nice to hear about all the fun, but I didn't see one thing you purchased... did you buy anything for yourself?

Anonymous said...

Look at you McHotty! Sounds like something I will need....eventually...I am still too happy hanging with my wee one!

And she calls....

Anonymous said...

Can you read my mind?
T
Love u!

Anonymous said...

Fun was had by all and I had fun doing your makeover...
Would you like to plan the next trip??