Living in Nova Scotia has been really wonderful but I hate, HATE being away from my family. We are so close, that it seems unfair for us to be separated. Last year, 2 days into my summer holidays, my Mom surprised me by showing up on my doorstep with my cousin Claire (named after my Mom...obviously I'm not the only one who thinks she's fabulous!!!) for a visit. I wouldn't have been happier if someone had handed me ten million dollars. Another time, she picked me up from a conference early (okay it was Christian Community Day for all you OCCDSB folks!) and we decided in the car that we were heading to Montreal for a shopping extravaganza! (remember how sore our feet were Mom!) So many awesome spontaneous memories that just instantly make me smile. I've got a ton of them!
The year that I started teaching was the year my Mom retired but we worked for the same school board and so at all the functions people would come up to me and say "you have to be Claire Paquin's daughter"...and I would proudly answer yes. There is no greater compliment to me then that.

I wish I could say Bonne fête des mères in person but it'll have to wait until your visit at the end of the month Mom. I love you more then I could ever express and I thank God everyday for you and our awesome friendship! xoxo
3 comments:
I couldn't agree with you more about your Mom, Chantal! You are very lucky to have her, she was influential in my life as a youngster, too! I am sure that your children will feel equally lucky and someday find their way to tell the world. Best wishes to you both for a wonderful day!
Ok, you really are the best. As I was reading this message (with tears in my eyes), it made me think of my own kids and I can only hope that one day they say the same great things about me. Your mom is so lucky to have such a beautiful, caring, smart and sometimes funny daughter. I understand now why your parents only had you because you can't do perfact twice!!Heeehee.
M:)
my mom is jealous and now wants to trade me in for a daughter like you! I loved your mother's day blog, and so did my mom....who now feels that she is your friend too!! hahah : )
Post a Comment