could cause so much grief in this Mommy's life!
This is bus #227...many sleepless nights have been spent thinking about said bus. AHHHH!
So, as previously mentioned in an earlier post, the first day went pretty well all things considered. I cried, but really what mother doesn't right?!?
I picked Abbey and Michael up after their first day excited to hear all about the days events. They seemed okay with it all...until bed time! Everything always comes out at bedtime eh?!? This is when my darling little boy announces that he is never taking the bus again and that the bus driver is mean. Now in my most understanding loving voice I explained how lucky he was to be taking the bus and how he was only able to do so now because he's such a big boy. All to no avail. There was just no changing his mind...I decided not to keep fighting it so I put him to bed with lots of extra cuddles and hoped for the best the next morning.
Alarm goes off Friday morning, I'm showered, dressed and ready to wake my babes up by 7:15 am. Walk into Abbey's room with a cheerful "bonjour ma belle Abbey" and my princess wakes up, stretches, gives me a hug and tells me she's excited to wear another dress to school today. Fantastic...so far! I approach Michael's room, pause at the door...say a little prayer and bounce in with an even-friendlier, more upbeat "bonjour mon beau Michael" to which his response was hide under the covers and yell "I'm not going to school and I hate the school bus!" Hmmmm... WONDERFUL! So NOT the response I was looking for?!?
I gave him a few minutes to settle down and got Abbey ready to go and then Steve called to wish the kids a good day. I had warned him that today might be rough so he thought he might be able to give Michael a Daddy pep talk. Yeah...that wasn't happening either! I somehow managed to get both children dressed, fed and out the door in time for the bus.
The moment of truth * cue dramatic music * the doors to the bus open, Abbey hops on, Michael throws himself onto the pavement and cries like he's having his fingernails torn off. So now I've got Abbey on the bus and Michael laying on the street corner...FANTASTIC!
Needless to say, Janice (oh wonderful Janice) drove Michael to school (he wasn't getting off that easy) and my little princess rode the bus solo. Emotions were running high all around
and so ...day two of the walk of shame into my school with my big sunglasses hiding blood shot eyes! FOR THE LOVE!
5 comments:
You poor thing!! hahaha
This story made me laugh out loud...and I am sure someday when my kid throws him or herself down on the ground at the bus stop....it will be pay back for me laughing at your story!!
The trials and tribulations of being a mommy!! I am sureeee in for it!
Things they never tell you when you have kids...you should write a mommy hand book and pass it out to future mothers. I only laugh because I have been there and can so relate!!! It will get easier and he will get on the bus, it may take awhile but it will happen. Keep the big glasses because they come in handy.
Hugs,
M
And the saga continues...here too! Yasmine had a great time at school last Tuesday and Wednesday. Caught a cold and was sick Thursday - had quite the fit at school that morning!! Reza was a trooper and left her there!! And I kept her at home on Friday! So - we'll see what Monday brings!!
love, CARO
Nothing is worse than having problems with getting your child to school. You probably should find out what happened to bring on such strong emotions toward the bus driver. I am saying a prayer for you, good luck
Oh Chantal ... I feel for you ... and dealing with it solo! You're a trooper. I could have used the big glasses myself today. Must get a pair. I think the school bus is a disaster waiting to happen.
Tab
Post a Comment