Sunday, September 27, 2009

By Popular Demand....

Everyone seems to be calling and emailing about Steve's landing video. Here's two more videos of Steve flying taken by the Loadmaster. Check out the Davey Crocket hat on the flight engineer. Too funny!
Maybe I'll get someone to videotape a Math lesson of mine and post it to see if there's as much interest! tee!hee!
Here's Steve right after take-off - 60 degree bank turn on his way to Alert from Thule.



Here's Steve landing on a clear day in Alert. A little less nerve wracking I'm sure!


2 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

I have totally seen you teach a math lesson and its far more death defying than landing a 20 ton plane on totally ice covered runways. Nah, kidding, but Steve wouldn't be a pilot today without a fabulous Math Teacher in is past!
Ok, so "a." does the guy in the middle have a SEATBELT ON!!! and b. I think that turn was an ILLEGAL turn.. way tooo tippy! geesh...
Here's a challenge for Steve... let him TRY and take me on a flight with him and have me in the MIDDLE seat... He will be challenged trying to concentrate on the dashboard and windows.. while I am puking and freaking out... BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL..STOP LOOKING AROUND...TOO FAST.... TOO TIPPY.... NO TALKING.... NO VIDEOING!!!!!
Thanks for posting videos to help me understand why I love my job....

Anonymous said...

Hey ... That was my question for you today! Once you're comfortable with Investigations, I want to video tape a lesson/workshop ... same with your reading block. It will be far more interesting than landing a super huge airplane .. PAH! Airplanes are wimpy compared to 20+ 4 to 7 year olds - Gotta be made of steel for that job. <3
Tab