I oofficially knew I had the flu! Yikes! but it all made sense...of course I had the flu. Steve was set to go away for two weeks and you know how I love to make things difficult for myself. I was sooooo sick, I had it all if you get my drift. UGH UGH! On Tuesday though, Steve came home with the mail and I was delighted to find a beautiful card and gift from my best friend TANYA. I cried when I read her card...partly because of her kind words but also because I so needed that pick me up in between pukes! Love you T! xo
So I was off Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but I dragged my butt in to school Friday for only God knows why (teacher guilt....almost as bad as catholic guilt!) but by Saturday the flu had been downgraded to a cold and I was able to function. It was a rainy blah day so off to Roo's we went to meet up with our friends Sophie, Jackson and MARY!!! The kids always have a blast together (and the Mommy's do too!!)
Here are the kids on a little merry-go-round in the mall. Amazing how happy $1 can make them! :-)
Sunday was great and then the weekend was done already! Where does the time go?!? Monday, was well, Monday....are those ever really that good?!?
Today I started my day off with a cute little bag sitting outside my classroom door...I knew in an instant that JILL had been by! (and it's always fun when she does that!!!) She made me tons of beautiful cards for my birthday that I can't wait to use. She is so creative! This picture doesn't even begin to do it justice but you get the hint.
Thanks Jill! You are so thoughtful! (and I'm honoured to share my birthday with you too!)
I may not be celebrating with my parents or hubby but I sure feel loved...and my birthday isn't even until tomorrow!!!!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Chantal!!!!
Have a wonderful day! xoxo
Angie M
Happy Birthday, my friend!
Happy Birthday Chantal!!! I am so sorry to hear you had the flu. I am bracing for it myself. I have one very sick son...(the older one) and a very sick hubby, who is still in bed and it is 9:30am.
I hear it is brutal....thats what the boys are saying, I am praying that I don't get it or the baby....we will be frigged!!!!
Feel better!
Post a Comment