This summer I decided to plant tomatoes! I had been wanting to for a long time but wasn't sure how to go about it. (city girl?!?) I planted the plants into a large pot and they grew....quickly!!! Here is my beautiful tomato plant growing during the summer. (totally outgrowing the pot it's in!)
I loved taking care of my tomato plants...but it seemed like forever until the tomatoes actually came. When we left for Ontario for the month of August, I was nervous my dream of harvesting tomatoes would be gone for the year BUT I was pleasantly surprised to see my plant surviving (not quite as pretty as before we left but producing tomatoes nonetheless!)
Well I'm happy to report that my three little tomato plants produced LOTS of juicy little tomatoes. Michael and Abbey LOVED picking everyday! We've eaten sooooo many tomatoes this summer! Delicious! Can't wait for next year already!
2 comments:
Good for you Mrs. Green Thumb, I love tomatoes. What's on the list for next year? Maybe peppers, sure would save some money especially on the yellow peppers, lol.
you go girl! lol
Darryl says the only thing I can grow well is a cactus :P
Post a Comment