Saturday, September 27, 2008

Shopping Extravaganza!!!!

This summer, my Mom, Aunt Germaine, cousins Claire, Diane and Carol and yours truly embarked on a 48 hour shopping extravaganza!!! With overnight bags packed, comfy footwear on and plastic (as in credit cards cha-ching!) in our pockets we were ready to rock! Montreal didn't stand a chance!!! This shopping trip was not for the faint of heart! We went hard core, non-stop from opening Saturday morning to closing Sunday afternoon.




This is the view we had of our fearless driver Claire...able to weave through traffic, back into very small parking spots with a HUGE truck, listen to 5 opinions on which way to go and drive back home without being able to see out the back window (too many bags!!!) Please note her hands at 10 and 2 for safety! ha!ha!









Here's the gang re-fueling at Reuben's, a famous smoke meat restaurant in downtown Mtl. Can you believe that not one of us had a smoked meat sandwich?!? none of us like them!?!? It was a fantastic lunch though. To the left...the Thelma's, to the right...the Louise's ha!ha!








Will the real Imelda Marcos please stand up hee!hee! Aunt Germaine to the left gives Imelda a run for her money in the shoe dept.



Tight quarters on the way home but so worth it!!! Everyone was successful...some more then others eh Di?!? ha!ha!


And finally a picture of my Mom and I in Old Montreal. What a fabulous getaway! Our first but definitely not LAST! I'm already excited about next year! Woohoo! I'm so lucky to have such wonderful family! Love you all!


disclaimer: thank you to our sponsors: Paquin & Assoc., Shell Canada, Canada Post, Scotiabank and Northern College.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had smoked meat in a place in MTL. Maybe it was Reuben's. It was, if I remember correctly, in a basement like location. I thought it was yummy!

SAM said...

oh man.....I love shopping trips....I just wish someone would pay off my credit card balance after I shop!! haha But it never seems to happen for me....booo....looks like you guys had a blast!! Girls trips are soo much fun!!

Anonymous said...

I think it is so great that you get to do a shopping trip with just the girls. Some time for yourself is always good. You could probably use that right about now ;)
Can't wait to read more of your blogs. You are on a roll.
Smooch,
M:)

Donna's chitchat said...

two blogs on one weekend... I think I will have to step up to the plate... so, amazing trip. What fun. I have been on a few of those, and enjoyed most of it, all except the shopping part, actually. I'm all about watching others shop... hee hee
New driving laws.... 4 & 8... due to AIR BAGS. If your arms are in the way... they will break when the bag expells... now, everyone, just try and change your 10 and 2 habit. Its very hard to get use to, but the new drivers are taught 4 and 8....Ok, I can see everyone trying right now...good job.

GailM. said...

I think i've been to the same smoked meat place as Jill. I really like Montreal but have never been shopping there. Sounds like a blast.

Anonymous said...

lots of fun, lots of food, lots of laughs... Can`t wait for next year!! C:)

Anonymous said...

One thing missing...ME!