So...school is off to a roaring start. Good group again this year...perhaps a little more challenging behaviour wise but nothing too bad.
We've had great company so far this fall. Company always makes me happy!
First my Mom and Aunt Germaine who drove here with a new car for ME!!! How nice is that!?! If you're thinking I'm spoiled now just wait. This is actually the second car my parents have given us since we moved to Nova Scotia, the classic Lumina which served it's purpose for two years and then this recent one...a 5 series BMW! Could I be any luckier?!? I don't think so! I quite like being a Beemer owner...were such frauds though...if only people knew we can barely afford the premium gas it takes hee!hee!
Anyway, we had a fabulous visit with my Mom and Aunt. The weather was fantastic so the weekend was jam packed with fun outdoor activities. We had a blast! We did the Family Fun Walk at Stronach Park and went to Dempsey Apple Orchard to pick some plums, pears and apples. Good times!
For Thanksgiving, my Mother and Father-In-Law came to visit. We were busy with outdoor activities as well (it's all about the kids really and they love playing outside). We went back to Dempsey's again but this time the apples we picked went right into an apple pie for Thanksgiving dessert. Delicious...thanks to Ann! It doesn't get any fresher then that! What a meal she made!!! A 17 pound fresh turkey (yay for leftovers!), stuffing and ALL the yummy fixings!
We had such a wonderful time but like all visits we get...they always go by too fast.
All good things come to an end! :-(
This month, Abbey and Michael's friend Sophie turned three. We had a fun time at her birthday party. Who wouldn't have fun at Roo's Playhouse!!! Here's a picture of Abbey and Sophie at the party. They are only one month apart and such good little buddies.
I also went out for a Girl's Weekend in Halifax. Wow! We had such an awesome time. Here's a picture taken "before" we left for the bar. We all still look respectable! hee!hee! Shopping, the Spa, good food, friends and dancing 'til dawn...could we ask for more?!?


I also got together with my Christmas card making club and started kick-boxing! No that's not a typo...it's true I actually started working out. We'll I've only been twice but I do like it and hope to stick with it! Only 4 and a half months until Florida!
3 comments:
Awesome pictures, you have had a busy month!!!
finally...I was in blog withdrawl.. okay, seriously? If we were kids again, do you know how jealous I would be of your parents giving you a car, no less...a bmw...That's freakin' awsome! Cam and I just went down to one car...he bikes everyday to school...rain, snow (well not yet), the whole she-bang! What a good man! get your butt back on track...it inspires me to keep up with my blog..which I am currently receiving hate mail for not attending to!
Chantal! I love your blog! I have the same template on my blog; too funny! Check it out at www.knittenmitten.blogspot.com
it's my knitting blog, just pictures of the stuff I've been working on lately... love it! It's alot of work to keep updated, as you know, but such a great way to create memories, especially for you and your family!! Hey, next time you're in Halifax, let me know! I'm not very far away and would LOVE to see you again! take care! Kelly xo
Post a Comment